Venus Envy Ottawa Bursary
Are you committed to anti-oppression, sex positivity, and community building? If so, you may be eligible for the Venus Envy Bursary Fund!
Please complete this form in full. Only completed applications will be considered for the award.
This $1500 bursary is open to anyone studying for a degree, certificate or diploma in the Ottawa/Carleton/Outaouais area. If you are awarded this bursary, the money will be paid directly to the school on your behalf.
Même que le formulaire est disponible uniquement en anglais, les candidat(e)s sont invité(e)s à appliquer en français.
History and Values
The Venus Envy Bursary Fund was established in 2006 in Ottawa and we have awarded over $35,000 since that time. Under our new mandate, we will award at least two $1500 bursaries per year, one in September and one in January.
The fund is a open to all people of all genders and identities and is aligned with the work and values of Venus Envy Ottawa. At Venus Envy, we believe that:
- Consensual sexual choices create pleasure and well-being, and we seek to support the various expressions of our diverse communities.
- Every person has the right to control and make decisions about their own body, as well as make their own reproductive and sexual choices, facilitated by education and access to resources.
- We all exist in intersecting and overlapping communities and have a responsibility to support each other.
Venus Envy intends to be anti-oppressive and anti-racist; we believe that all forms of oppression are acts of violence, and that racism, classism, ableism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, whorephobia and other forms of oppression are used to violate and control members of our communities.
- Submissions to the Bursary Fund will not be returned, and the jury's decision is final.
- Applications will be destroyed once the awards are announced.
- If you are selected to receive the award, we may ask for your permission to publish your name and photo on our website.
- Venus Envy staff (including contract staff) plus their partners and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
- The successful applicant will be contacted by email by late August 2017. The awards are payable to the educational institution in early September 2017.
The form asks for a lot of information and, like all online forms, can sometimes "time out" if you take a long time filling it in or otherwise have problems. We strongly suggest you gather all the information you need and save it just in case you have a problem with the form.