Job Posting: Warehouse Team Member
Location: Venus Envy Warehouse, Centretown
Part-Time, Permanent, Approximately 16 hours/week
We’re looking for someone to join the Venus Envy Warehouse team!
About the job
In this role, you’d be processing online orders, and generally helping to ensure the smooth functioning of the warehouse. Duties include:
- Packing and sending out online orders.
- Receiving and processing inventory shipments.
- Ensuring that the warehouse stays clean and organized.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is able to work on Mondays and Tuesdays on a regular basis. You should also be able to work Saturdays during sales and other busy periods.
- Is detail-oriented: You’re willing to double-check order items and pack things with care, making sure every order feels like a gift.
- Doesn’t mind repetitive tasks: You’re able to stay motivated and efficient, whether working alone or with a team.
- Values healthy, equitable working relationships: You’re committed to open communication and direct conflict resolution, and you strive to maintain an anti-oppressive workplace environment.
- Wants to work in a sex-positive business: Though this isn’t a customer-facing role, you should still have a passion for Venus Envy’s mission and purpose.
Venus Envy is an education-oriented sex shop and book store. We make it our mission to help people know themselves better and explore their own pleasure. We do this by offering shame-free sex education that celebrates the vast diversity of sexual experience.
For sex education to be truly inclusive, we know that it needs to be feminist, anti-racist, anti-ableist, and queer + trans-positive. These values are central at Venus Envy, and they guide our decisions about everything from the words we use to the products we sell. We aim to center these values in our hiring process and relationships, and to create an inclusive workplace environment.
What we’re offering
This position has a starting wage of $16.75/hour. We also offer paid sick leave, paid breaks, an excellent staff discount, free access to all workshops, and regular staff rewards that let you stock up on free sex toys.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We’re happy to accept cover letters in creative and unconventional formats (but please keep any audio or video applications to a maximum of 1 minute in length).
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
We appreciate all applications, but only have the capacity to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Access & equity:
This role requires standing for long periods of time, lots of bending and moving around, and sometimes lifting heavy boxes. The warehouse is all on one floor, and there is a large washroom. Please feel free to get in touch with us with any other accessibility questions.
In recognizing traditional and systemic barriers to employment, we will prioritize applications from people who are from marginalized communities. If you feel comfortable self-identifying, we encourage you to do so.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process. We welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively with applicants in increasing accessibility throughout this process.